It’s not new news that the battery in iPhones and iPods tend to get hot when left on for a decent amount of time. But hot enough to explode?!? There have been a few reports that have surfaced recently that have exposed how dangerous it can be to own an iPod or iPhone.
A week ago, an iPhone 3G caught fire while sitting on the passenger seat of a person’s car. The owner of the iPhone reportedly returned to his car after leaving it unattended for a few minutes to discover that his iPhone had caught fire and completely destroyed his passenger’s seat.
Another incident involving a girl’s iPod Touch was posted in the International Business Times. Her father was quoted as saying, “It [the iPod Touch] made a hissing noise. I could feel it getting hotter in my hand, and I thought I could see vapor”. He threw the iPod out his back door, where “within 30 seconds there was a pop, a big puff of smoke and it went 10ft in the air”.
Is this cause for concern for iPod and iPhone users or are these isolated incidents? The International Business Times article goes on to say how Apple attempted to silence the father and daughter with a gag order as the family sought a refund from Apple. This definitely throws an interesting twist into the “too hot to handle” battery saga.
Are you a current iPod or iPhone user? Has your device’s battery been under performing or do you have concerns with you battery over heating. Send in your iPod or iPhone to www.pdasmart.com for a free diagnosis.